- What is Beej-Kapas Paper/ Seed Paper/ Plantable paper?
Beej-Kapas Paper is loosely called Seed Paper/ Plantable paper. It is a handmade paper which grows into a plant when planted in the soil. Beej Kapas Paper is made from Pre-Consumed cotton material and is embedded with seeds. When the paper is planted in a pot of soil, the pre-consumed cotton material decomposes itself in the soil and the seeds start germinating.
How do I grow the Beej Kapas paper in the soil?
What are the different kinds of Beej-Kapas/ Plantable paper we have?
Where is the paper made?
We manufacture the paper together with a wonderful set of people at Kalpana Handmade Paper who are expert in Handmade Paper manufacturing. The unit is located in Jaipur, Rajasthan. We would love you to visit the factory.
Is your plantable paper tree-free?
We procure the post consumer material from factories which manufacture cotton clothes and then convert it into Plantable Paper. So the paper is completely wood/tree free.
What is the shelf life of your seeded paper?
Approximately 1 yr – The paper needs to be stored in moisture free place.
What's the largest size of paper that you have?
What is the maximum GSM paper we can have?
What printing method do you recommend for plantable seed paper?
Currently we can only print using Screen Printing and Letter Press Printing method.
10. Can I get a sample of your paper and products?
Please drop us a mail at email@example.com to request for the samples
11. Can I request custom colors?
Yes, we can make paper of any color but the minimum order of quantity needs to be 500 sheets. (22x30 inches
12. Can I request paper with custom seeds?
Yes, we can make a custom seed paper but the minimum order of quantity needs to be 500 sheets. (22x30 inches)
13. What if I'd like to have my design printed on your paper?
14. How do I request a quote?
Please drop us a mail on firstname.lastname@example.org and share the order detail with us – Size of the paper, quantity, number of colors to be printed.
15. Order Process
If we need to manufacture the paper as per your requirement – Custom seeds and color then we need minimum 14 days to manufacture the paper and another 10 days to print the custom designs on it. The approximate quantity for such order is 500 sheets.
16. What countries are you able to ship your plantable products to?
We ship the custom order all across world.
- We will be doing the manual printing. The process is similar to screen printing with slower speed and better print quality.
- Photographs and gradients can't be printed.
- Clip arts, doodles, illustrations in which lines are not close to each other, texts etc can be printed.
- Use fonts which are clearly visible. Don't use small fonts. - Anything smaller than 8 font size of Helvetica.
- Use a maximum of three Colors on one page. Lesser the color, better the design will look.
- The logo should be of a single color only. In case there are more than one color, consistency won't be there in the printing of logo due to registration issues.
- Every print will be different from the other as the paper is textured and seeds are invariably embedded inside the paper.
- Avoid thin lines or thin clip art.
- Avoid boundaries on the edges of the design.
- Please don't use Photoshop to design the artwork. The screen that we make gets pixelated. Use AI or Coral Draw.
- Send file in PDF or coral draw format. Convert it into a curve file before saving so that fonts don't get changed when you share it with us.
- If possible send us the color separated file along with the final design.